The U.S. headquarters of this international chemicals, pharmaceuticals, industrial films and powdered coatings manufacturer is located on a campus in Smyrna, Georgia. This campus houses the sales, administrative, accounting and most importantly R&D plus formulations laboratories FDG has performed a number of projects for this client as follows:
UCB CHEMICALS, INC.
- Master plan and budgeting for the relocation of all their lab facilities from building 2000 to the recently acquired building 1900 in order to allow for expansion of office spaces in building 2000
- Relocation of Applications Lab from building 2000 to building 1900. Renovated approximately 5000 SF for offices and chemical coatings formulations lab. Installation of a central chilled water and hot water plant capable of being expanded to handle future lab renovations.
- Renovations to the existing Powders Lab space in building 2000.
- Surveyed two existing adjacent office buildings, made recommendations for renovations and budgeting for sale office space. Performed due diligence survey on one of two properties, which was purchased.
- Designed an access road between two buildings on adjacent sites on the campus.
UCB BIOPRODUCTS, INC.
- Designed renovation of an approximately 5000-SF laboratory used for the development of peptide formulations, a key ingredient in the manufacture of biogeneticly engineered pharmaceuticals. This is both a small scale manufacturing lab and a scale up facility.